August 12, 2013

3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli - Classic or Castoff?

link
link
link

The 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Satchel. The first time I ever saw this bag it caught my attention.  My love affair with it has grown stronger, especially over the past year. Let's be honest though - this is an investment. I'm not spending anywhere near this much on a bag I'm not going to like in.... forever. No seriously. The shape is classic, the design is great, I want it in black, but the question still remains - is it a classic? Is it going to look dated anytime soon? If I did get it, I'd hold out for the Shopbop Friends & Family sale in October and get it for 20% off. Still expensive, but certainly much better. 

What are your thoughts? And what bags do you have your eye on lately?

8 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Yep, this bag is definitely on my list too, but I'm struggling with the fact of it's longevity too. I'm pretty sure I would love it forever but you never know, it's not a Chanel ;)
I'm also loving the Sophie Hulme bags, which are even more expensive than the Pashli, oyyy...
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Courtney Erin said...

I think the design would remain classic - it would be a solid investment, I think.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Laura said...

I have been having this same debate with myself, and have bee strongly considering purchasing it in October as a one year workiversary gft to myself haha.

Couture Carrie said...

Classic!
But I would hold out for his collection at Target to see if there is something similar before splurging.

xoxox,
CC

A Crimson Kiss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Crimson Kiss said...

My mama has a shopping mantra I love and live by, and which could be terribly helpful since the bag's been on your mind:

If you can't stop thinking about it, buy it. But if you can't stop wondering if it's right, don't.

It's always served me well!

Jennifer Durham said...

I'm on the fence about this one too, I love it but I'm just not sure about it's longevity. But if you love it and will carry it for years then go for it. The one thing I do like is that just by zipping up the sides you can make the shape more classic, unzip and it's more trendy. So that's a good point too ;o)

Lisa { Showered With Design } said...

I love the look of this bag! I think it would last a long time, and has a classic look.

xo

Showered With Design