August 5, 2013

It's the little things...

we♥it


We all have bad days. (Right? I surely hope so.)
I made a post a couple of months ago about some of my recent struggles. If you follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. (some links are over to the side, it's FashionsMaven for all of them), you see updates here and there on how things are going.
Honestly, it's pretty rough. There are a ton of side effects, there are complications, there are tough days... it can get a person down. 
I do have an appointment in 3 weeks where I plan to discuss either changing medications or moving on to whatever's next. It's time. 3 rounds of hell is enough for me. 
Anyway, so far the most important thing I've figured out is to appreciate the little things. Focus on them. Embrace them. Treasure them. 
It'll get you through. 
Last week on an especially rough day, I posted an Instagram picture alluding to what was going on and a couple of Tweets. The comments, responses, emails, texts, etc. - maybe it doesn't seem like a big deal, but it really turned my day around and helped me get through another difficult time. I don't overlook that, ever. It means the world to me. 
And I felt the need to share that, because I truly think it's important. 


"In the end, the most important thing to accept is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

6 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

You are so right, darling.
Stay strong!

xoxox,
CC

Closet Fashionista said...

Yep, it is definitely the little things that can help brighten your day. It's weird to think that just putting things out on the internet can help you feel better because of all the love out there :)
(but there is also the bad too, haha, but we dont have to worry about that)

A Crimson Kiss said...

Sending you all the love. You're incredible.

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Virtual hug to you girl! I can only imagine what you're going through but you're right. The little things and cool people (and pets!) get us through it all!


xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Elle Sees said...

You can do this! It will all work out. You're stronger than you know.

Jennifer Durham said...

I know you are going through a rough time and I know that you will make it through stronger than before. I'm sorry it's been so awful, I really hate that. We are all here for you and sending you hugs! I love keeping up with you on Instagram (and I always love seeing pictures of cute August). Stay strong! xoxo